Friday, September 25, 2026

Unsolicited Advice


People often want to be helpful and offer their advice and when requested it can be of great assistance. When information as well as suggestions get tossed at you sans requests, its annoying and frustrating for me. I don’t live the same life as others, nor do I wish to know the intricacies of others lives. I stay in my lane and on my side of the street, so to speak but in reality there is some truth to that.


Recently a supposed well meaning person I know gave unsolicited financial advice to me, and was rather insistent that I should do as they do. I did reply to them letting them know I heard what they said but my circumstances are different than theirs. Their insistence was very strongly worded, yet it did not irritate or upset me until I arrived home later that day. 


A good friend of mine has been a kind and patient listener to my ongoing irritation to this persons pushy advice, I am thankful for them listening to me and accepting my irritation with the advice giver.


My resolution to this is to remove and/or avoid them as much as I can. My nature in life is such that I will not confront them directly, but choose to distance myself from them. 


I always feel better when I write out my feelings and thoughts in both positive and negative situations. This is also a means for me to return to blogging. Thanks for reading this snippet of my life.


§ balance in everything §


No comments: